Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Top 10 Reasons I Can’t Wait for School to Start!


  1. The house will be quiet.
  2. For approximately 6 hours there will be no toys, books, iPods…I’m sorry, iPod touches, strewn about the house.
  3. No begging to do chores.
  4. No breaking up fights.
  5. No breaking up fights.
  6. No trying to explain why a friend didn’t call back (even though the call was placed 5 minutes ago).
  7. No throwing them outside and locking the door (you think they would enjoy playing outside).
  8. No cleaning the pool.
  9. No interruptions while I work.
  10. Read #1 again!

Now don’t get me wrong, I love my children dearly, but they really need to get back to some structure. As a WAHM it’s difficult to keep them occupied and out of my hair while I work, as well as not get into each other’s hair…literally like gum and food. 
 
We did a lot of travelling at the beginning of summer vacation: visited an amusement park, went camping several times, a weeklong trip to DC and the oldest went to horse camp for a week. So we did our best to keep them busy.  But now as we wrap up our last couple of weeks, its been hair raising (I’m noticing a hair trend here)! Emotions are running a little high in our house. Excitement over seeing old friends again and getting new school supplies, anxiety about the first day of class, will they like their teachers, will the classes be hard, why do I have to get up SO early (me, not the kids)!

So I’m ready, they’re not. I’m sure households around the country are going through the same drama. Soon enough thousands of mothers in this wonderful nation will be pouring themselves a cup of coffee and exhaling a collective sigh as we listen to the quiet drone of the refrigerator. Enjoy!

(Stay tuned for a post on “Top 10 Reasons Why I Hate It When School Starts”)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment