Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What Are Your Shoulds?

As I walked past the pile of laundry on my couch, I said to myself “I should fold that laundry”. Then I started thinking about all the shoulds in my life and which ones are important.

I should…
1.       File all those papers stacked under my desk
2.       Take the kids for a bike ride
3.       Wash the dishes
4.       Clean the kids room
5.       Play legos with the kids
6.       Bring out the Halloween decorations
7.       Lose weight
8.       Get a haircut
9.       Exercise
10.   Brush the dog
11.   Sit down and be present with the kids when they need help with their homework
12.   Read with the kids
13.   Garden
14.   Find a new job
15.   Pay bills

And of all the shoulds, guess which ones will be remembered the most? Even though the other shoulds can stress me out but need to be done, like paying the bills, pushing everything else aside and being present for my children SHOULD be the most important. What are your shoulds? Which ones are really important and will be remembered the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment